(no subject)
Won the bake-off at work! Hooray!
Cynically I wonder if the fact that it was my birthday or the fact that I delivered my cake on the last day of the competition caused my colleagues to score my cake higher than they might do otherwise. Still - best bake out of 17 bakes is likely some kind of achievement.
Last weekend I had a (successful?) housewarming/birthday party. I’m always quite nervous about bringing together different groups of my friends, and I think there are a couple that I will not invite back, but largely it went very well and my flat is now warmed. Unfortunately on Sunday I had to cancel CB due to the extraordinary number of drop-outs. There is probably some kind of way to measure the flakiness of a group of people. In particular, there is one woman who seems to be dead-set on causing issues as she isn’t dealing with the concept of an open space very well.
I got two new holes punched in my ears instead. I forgot for a few years, but this year has made me remember that I really like getting new piercings. Piercing studios are, in many cases, the friendliest places in the world. To some extent I suppose they have to be - the piercer has an interest in building camaraderie such that the piercee is not going to immediately freak out when they push the needle through. I also quite like the sharp sensation, then the immediate adrenaline rush. It is more expensive than drugs and my parents approve about the same amount.
I’m trying to get back to dancing during the week, but I was diagnosed with costochondritis and have been told to rest, which I hate hate hate.
Cynically I wonder if the fact that it was my birthday or the fact that I delivered my cake on the last day of the competition caused my colleagues to score my cake higher than they might do otherwise. Still - best bake out of 17 bakes is likely some kind of achievement.
Last weekend I had a (successful?) housewarming/birthday party. I’m always quite nervous about bringing together different groups of my friends, and I think there are a couple that I will not invite back, but largely it went very well and my flat is now warmed. Unfortunately on Sunday I had to cancel CB due to the extraordinary number of drop-outs. There is probably some kind of way to measure the flakiness of a group of people. In particular, there is one woman who seems to be dead-set on causing issues as she isn’t dealing with the concept of an open space very well.
I got two new holes punched in my ears instead. I forgot for a few years, but this year has made me remember that I really like getting new piercings. Piercing studios are, in many cases, the friendliest places in the world. To some extent I suppose they have to be - the piercer has an interest in building camaraderie such that the piercee is not going to immediately freak out when they push the needle through. I also quite like the sharp sensation, then the immediate adrenaline rush. It is more expensive than drugs and my parents approve about the same amount.
I’m trying to get back to dancing during the week, but I was diagnosed with costochondritis and have been told to rest, which I hate hate hate.
