Funemployment so far
Day 1 (Thursday): didn’t sleep until 4am. Caught up on sleep, bought gifts then went to the jam where I tied K in fun armness suspension things and horrible single upline gyaku ebi things.
Day 2 (Friday): saw S, went to Balan’s in Soho for brunch and cocktails, then attempted more gift shopping with him. He introduced me to his ex as “his old housemate” even though I’ve met him several times before and they were Definitely dating. B was having a really bad night so stayed up until 2am speaking with them.
Day 3 (Saturday): J had a terrible day. Highlights included dropping food all over his carpet and a minor security issue he was responsible for. I was a Good Girlfriend and looked after him.
Day 4 (Sunday): J’s birthday! VR and board games things. Fun was had. B flew out to Spain!
Day 5 (Monday): signed up for a 5 yoga classes in 5 days deal. Went for an afternoon tea on a boat on the Thames with J, then went out and did yoga.
Day 6 (Tuesday): second yoga class! Great success. Went to the jam in the evening and tied with I who came all the way up from Brighton. I felt super brain fried, but we did a difficult suspension (kata ashi) as she wanted to know what it felt like, then did some fun freestyle floor/partial things. Mixed feelings about tying I.
Day 7 (Wednesday): slept really badly so missed my yoga class (fail). Went out and saw the latest Spider-Man film with J (verdict: good), then went to my blues dance class. I’m enjoying it a lot more now that the guy who was historically creepy is being better behaved. Had dinner with D and A, where I caught up on work and non-work things. Went to the blues social afterwards and danced with D who is REALLY GOOD and I am REALLY BAD. We did two dances and I think I feel good about this development. It is easier now that we don’t work together.
It is 1:30am on day 8. I’m doing a yoga class today at midday and I’m seeing A for a West Coast Swing class this evening. Tomorrow I might see S again, then I’m off to Nottingham to see J’s parents (and glaze some pots) over the weekend.
Where is my self-improvement tiiiiiime?
Day 2 (Friday): saw S, went to Balan’s in Soho for brunch and cocktails, then attempted more gift shopping with him. He introduced me to his ex as “his old housemate” even though I’ve met him several times before and they were Definitely dating. B was having a really bad night so stayed up until 2am speaking with them.
Day 3 (Saturday): J had a terrible day. Highlights included dropping food all over his carpet and a minor security issue he was responsible for. I was a Good Girlfriend and looked after him.
Day 4 (Sunday): J’s birthday! VR and board games things. Fun was had. B flew out to Spain!
Day 5 (Monday): signed up for a 5 yoga classes in 5 days deal. Went for an afternoon tea on a boat on the Thames with J, then went out and did yoga.
Day 6 (Tuesday): second yoga class! Great success. Went to the jam in the evening and tied with I who came all the way up from Brighton. I felt super brain fried, but we did a difficult suspension (kata ashi) as she wanted to know what it felt like, then did some fun freestyle floor/partial things. Mixed feelings about tying I.
Day 7 (Wednesday): slept really badly so missed my yoga class (fail). Went out and saw the latest Spider-Man film with J (verdict: good), then went to my blues dance class. I’m enjoying it a lot more now that the guy who was historically creepy is being better behaved. Had dinner with D and A, where I caught up on work and non-work things. Went to the blues social afterwards and danced with D who is REALLY GOOD and I am REALLY BAD. We did two dances and I think I feel good about this development. It is easier now that we don’t work together.
It is 1:30am on day 8. I’m doing a yoga class today at midday and I’m seeing A for a West Coast Swing class this evening. Tomorrow I might see S again, then I’m off to Nottingham to see J’s parents (and glaze some pots) over the weekend.
Where is my self-improvement tiiiiiime?
